Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Manchester

Flying to Manchester tomorrow. Actually, its 2am in the morning so Im actually flying in about 9 hours. I've only been to Manchester once before and hardly got around at all. So it practically didnt even count. In out, same day job, a blur. With that in mind, somehow Im looking forward to it. And Manchester really isnt that far from Ireland, its throwing distance, for say like a Vlady Gurerro (a baseball analogy. Vlady, he throws reaaally far. Dont know why Im explaining this though. 'adding fluff' purposes, probably) And theres nothing really THAT special about Manchester, in my mind; its one of the premier cities in England I guess, but on the other hand the weather is not nice, for example. But still Im looking forward to this, more than I really should. I havent been anywhere in a long time now, my first trip this year for work, first trip since Helsinki last year, even. I also had a trip cancelled on me in the last seconds just last month, missing a chance to watch the superbowl in Green Bay. So my travel appetite has gone to code red voracious mode (voracious.. my new word, watch me sneak it in a few times in the next few things I write). This 'voraciousness' has transformed a normally innocuous trip to a geographically vapid location to something dare I say it, kinda exciting. Not Disneyland exciting, maybe more like, umm going out for dinner at Mortons type of exciting. Peculiar... at least I think so.

Theres also the pretty decent chance I get to go to Man. United match at Old Trafford on Saturday... I should also mention that.

[this post filed under the 'update me' category... I score it 1.5 stars at best. I struggled with this one. Loads of re arrangments and tinkering. I dont think I pulled it off. Its now 3am, and Im typing in bed with the laptop on my chest...maybe thats why]

No comments: