Sunday, November 01, 2009

Empire State of Mind

Lets chill with John Legend for a second..



Now are you thinking what Im thinking? Yeah I know! Thats a freakin dope jacket right? I love that Jacket. I want that Jacket. And the ever so lovely and completely perfect Alicia Keys singing in the background, too... to start off some World Series game 2, or whatever. South Bronx.. If you love it, Honks...

I was actually going to use Empire State of Mind as the soundtrack for that midnight video I did, cuz it rocks completely, totally and utterly. Walk around any NYC street with Empire State of Mind surrounding your ears, and its like a drug, it completely transforms the experience into something... better. Youll be hardpressed resisting the need to sway to the song. ESPECIALLY during Alicia's fabulously unreal chorus. She absolutely KILLS it in this song. I repeat, KILLS it. Kay Eye Double-L Es. Its a love song for the city at its simpliest; well done Mr. Zed and Ms. Keys. Well mostly Alicia. And she is perfect. Did I mention that? Well she is. Song of the Year.



However I wasnt listening to Jay Zed & Alicia at the time, I was listening to Passion Pit, so Passion Pit wins.

Too bad the Yankees had to be involved. I wouldnt of minded if it was the Mets...

No comments: