Sunday, July 24, 2005

Symmetry

Its a bit crazy when I think about it; today, this day, is one full year from my first ever post. Nice. I was looking at my blog stats just before now, and I was a little surprised to have 83 posts over that time, 84 counting this one, which is just under 1 posting every 4 days. And it just dawned on me that this is the most committed Ive ever been in my life to anything. Insane. And being the sorry jobber that I am, Im going to pull a Barry Harowitz and pat myself on the back... Im usually not good at these things, writing is not the easiest, its why I nap so bloody much.

Continuing on with this whole commitment theme, Id like to announce to some fanfare that Im going to get married. Surprised huh? YES! Me! Woh.. I understand it seems a bit rushed, craziness, I cant believe it either, but Ive been totally swept off my well fashionable feet. Im getting married to the idea of trying to read a book once a month... This is going to be effort, and I hope and wish that I can will myself towards the type of bantamweight acheivement that this blog has been (not withstanding the last past month or so... hehehe), rather than the other end of the spectrum, for example my guitar exploits, which I bought last summer, played everyday for 3 months, but then waned to the point where I havent even touched it since maybe January. One book a month. I enlist your help though... so far so good on this endevour.. June and July are covered. August is still undecided though, and I dont want to resort to cheating just yet, whipping out my collectors edition of "Where the Wild Things Are". So any hints or suggestions on a good novel, PLEASE, load me up. Something less than James Joyce but more than Robin Cook. Id like to start building up a backlog of potential, but I will not find it funny if you submit something with Fabio on the cover. Thats my one caveat, any book you suggest just happen to have the words "his wonderous swelled throbbing member" or similar within its many pages, mark my words I will roundhouse kick you in the throat. Shanks in advances! (This is also a feeble subversive attempt to get more people commenting on my shit... comeon y'all)

Its 2:00AM in the morning as I type this and really I wish I had more to say on this eventful day. But actually Im just procrastinating, since I have a flight tomorrow morning at 10AM to Tokyo, and I havent started packing yet. I should really do that. Oh yeah, to my siblings, Ill be gone for 2 weeks in Japan for work, so tell Mom and Dad for me, that I wont be here for a while, I forgot to call. Opsss.

Stay cool...

No comments: