Monday, August 08, 2005

Konichiwa mofo...

I cant believe Japanese people sometimes. I maybe guilty of stereotyping and racial profiling, but screw it, Im mad, and I think the Japanese just have no consideration for people like me. A prime example is this recent trip to Fuji City, Japan for work. As per standard business customs, ABB is very grateful of our business arrangement with various companies, and in this vein, I put in a lot of effort to provide “thank you” gifts to the 3 customers I visited, namely 3 boxes of Irish chocolates, and 3 bottles of your best Irish Whiskey; 12 year Select Jamieson, 12 year Redbreast Whiskey, and 12 year Select Bushmills. Only the best. And I probably don’t have to tell you, three bottles of whiskey and three boxes of chocolates are freakin heavy. But this is the service you should expect from me. I only hope for a little consideration in return. It was late when I arrived in Japan and by the time I was greeted by my Japanese counterpart, I was starving and craving sushi. CRAVING. I was SO looking forward to this. Matsui-san, after checking into the hotel, then asks me if I wanted to eat, if I was hungry. He had to be kidding. Hells yeah I was hungry, I looked at him as if that was a rhetorical question. “Okay, I take you to nice restaurant, Noli-san” I was absolutely beaming, again after some 4 months of going without (last time was my previous visit to London), I was absolutely looking forward to this; authentic Japanese food. And imagine my luck, I was in Japan no less, so my expectations were off the scizzle. I should of known however, given my life's infinite string of dissapoint, where Matsui-san would take me for my first ever 'in Japan' meal. Mutha-fuckin Dennys. DENNYS! I didn’t even know there was a Japanese Dennys. Un-freakin-believable. If you really want to get a guy to jump the couch, take a sushi addict, move him to Ireland permanently where there is NO sushi, then tease him with the prospect of going to Japan, and once arriving in the land of the rising sun, take that sorry ass to Dennys. So wrong. So SO wrong. So many elements of wrong that I cant even count. An absolute punch to the gut, a kick to the groin. I felt like someone just broke up with me, and I had a sour face on the whole time, even though I had to feign that I was copasetic. Absolutely the most terrible burger and fries meal I had in my life. Screw you Matsui-san. What an asshole, I don’t care if Dennys had bubble tea to appease me in some small way. Screw you. I wanted to break that bottle of Jamieson over his head.

No comments: