Sunday, February 19, 2006

Starting again

And then I started writing again. (According to literary rules, you can not start off a sentence with a conjunction. BUT like most other reknown literary writers, I rebel) I havent been compelled so much lately to blog, a valley period. Blogging somehow migrated to the choir list when I got back to Ireland; like cleaning the bathroom, washing the dishes, or watching a chick-flick with girlfriend. Or in the case of Yankee Alex Rodgriguez, being clutch. Completely my fault, I fell into a lull (well not completely my fault, this is what happens when I dont get any christmas gifts for my list. Im not letting that one go.. nuh uhh). I always felt a bit guilty though... and I just had to start writing again. The problem was that I couldnt think of much to write about; well there is stuff, but I didnt know how to spin it or twist it so that it was funny or exciting or memorable. And the whole deal with this blog is, from my very first post, was that Id have to try to stay entertaining and influencial. There is nothing more banal than a blog that doesnt. Then again I could always try lying. Luckily I never lie, right Jill?

So maybe Ill just jot down random shite... my patented short cut easy out... and Ill try to keep more frequent as well (how many times have I said that?) One caveat though, I have built in excuses for the next two weeks, cuz Ill be in Sweden starting tomorrow and then Oklahoma City the next week. Dont hate if I dissappear temporarily again... Ill be busy listening to ABBA and then watching the displaced Hornets..

- you know you are in a Louisiana ghetto neighborhood when.... you see a 1994 Chevy Cavalier... with 18" chrome spinners.

- the Holiday Inn I stayed at when I was in Louisiana just recently moved out all the relocated New Orleans residents that were temporarily staying there on Government assistance. Before they moved in, every hotel room had a fridge and TV. Now? Uhh.. not so much.

- Eva Green has joined Virginie Ledoyen on the hallowed podium of hottest French girls ever. Just watch the Dreamers. Wow. Movie sucked.. but with her in it, holy kamoly..

- If you havent heard of it already, I highly recommend visiting www.Pandora.com and the Music Genome Project. Its one of the best sites since www.google.com and www.myfreepaysite.com. Its that good. Try it, itll quickly become your personal radio, and is quite possibly the greatest innovation to music listening along with iPod and iTunes. My radio stations so far: "Arctic Monkeys Radio", "Damien Rice Radio", "Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Radio", "The Bravery Radio", "Death Cab for Cutie radio". It covers all my musical bases and is the best way to discover new music you might like.

- Speaking of, Marty and Morris... for new music, if you havent already, check out the Arctic Monkeys. Pretty rockin, I likem...

- Kid Rock and Scott Stapp (yes that mofo singer from Creed) have a sex tape coming out. Uh... Ill put that on the "will throw up and poke my eyes out if I ever see it" list. Its like the complete opposite of Paris Hilton...

- Ive been waiting for the next best British comedy since The Office. And I think I finally found it... its a show on Channel 4 called the IT Crowd. Too bad you Canadian / American suckers will never even see the light of day of it.. ha ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noy,
If your feeling extra creative, do you think you can post on our site? We've got absolutely nothing to blog. We're hoping that we can become "entertaining and influential" like you some day.