Monday, September 18, 2006

Passe Compose

Hi. In the paragraphs below, I will begin to complain, as to solicit some sympathy.

Just got back from a short 3 day trip to Marseille France, and I was looking forward to good Mediterranean weather, some good wine and Foie Gras. Instead? I got partly cloudy, overcast, and muggy weather. Complete bullocks.. didnt stop me and Ronan though (work mate) from renting a Mini Cooper Convertible and driving everywhere with the rag top down so my hair can blow ( have I told you that I love expensing work? love it) and zipping around like a go cart on the 130 kmph motorways. See rational was that we needed to get a small car to save on gas (petro). Belieh dat.

Travelling component of the trip was frustrating though because my sinuses are still inflamed from the mighty cold/flu of last week, which meant that my head was going to feel like it was stuck in a anaconda on the plane, for the whole duration of the flights. Not only that but I had 4 flight segments total, because there is a connection through Paris to get to Marseille that day. Thats garbage really, its like flying to Portland from Vancouver, but having to transfer over in Seattle. What a waster... plus it meant that I would have 4 flights were my head was being squeezed to shit with sinus pressure, rather than just two. I live a hard life.

I also found out that Im going back to Australia next month... sandwiched in between two trips to the middle of butt-fuck India (translation of crude speak: the middle of the jungle in the Assam region, which makes more sense if you took the beginning of the word... ASS region). So Ill be gone for 5 weeks this time? Hella insane... I need a bigger suitcase. (more details to follow as i find out more)

SYDNEY UPDATE: (Finally)

Gorgeous city, loved it tons, although a guy tried to kiss me on the dance floor of a bar when he was just walking by. Ill have to say that Im so glad my reflexes were not impaired enough by that point yet, skillfully seeing the pitch, and making the slip under dynamic bogeying circumstances. Managed to also smoothly transition it into a deadly robot sequence... I rule.

Mostly hung out in the city loads, the hotel was only 2 blocks away from Circular Quay. Got lucky and weather was insane good, especially considering it was officially the middle of winter. As good as it was, the thing with going to places for work is, is for most of it you need to... well... work (waster). And in order to maximize the experience, this is where I aptly used one of my travel techniques... never travel on the weekends for work. This way there is always at least the weekend to jump around. I needed to be in Sydney by Monday? No sweat, Ill travel on Thursday, so all the travelling happens on working days. I keep my weekends to myself, which just happens to be in some random Cosmopolitan city. Done work on a Friday? No sweat, leave the Monday, cuz I dont travel no weekends. Full stop. (Well unless you really want to get back fast that is, which applies to shitty destinations like Rwanda or Regina)

And if the bosses dont like it, well, we are after all put out of our way when we travel. So I try not to conceded.

Two words. Corey Hart. Never Surrender... ( Song in your head now? Yes!!! haha... :D )

"Just a little more time is all we're asking for
Cause just a little more time could open closing doors
Just a little uncertainty can bring you down
And nobody wants to know you now
And nobody wants to show you how
So if you're lost and on your own
You can never surrender
And if your path won't lead you home
You can never surrender
And when the night is cold and dark
You can see, you can see light
Cause no-one can take away your right
To fight and never surrender "

No comments: