Thursday, February 28, 2008

American Idol

I dont really watch American Idol. Normally itd be my kinda thing cuz I 'bah' with the best of them, but really honestly I dont follow this show. Loved it in the beginning- but like Survivor, Its kinda boring now. Funny enough, I heard word that there is a new Filipina girl on it so I decided to steer my way in that direction in youtube to check it out.

Jurys out though. Really I should be voting along group lines, represent for the Philippines. And I have a good history in this respect... Manny Pacquiao is my man, Enrique Iglesias is God. Batista is my fav. wrestler (well not really, but I dont hate him) Ernie Reyes Jr was my favorite kid actor in the mid 80s. And I dont even mind Rob Schneider at all. Its only La Bamba that I truly detest like a spider-snake hybrid.

This Ramiele though... Im trying hard to like her but I just cant. Theres just something about her, I dont know... its hard to explain but to me she sounds too Hong Kong Singapore Filipina hotel lounge act singer-ish. Great voice, but just not my style. She has cool hair though, Ill give her that... and she doesnt say her last name all 'Englishified' way, but proper harsh Pinoy way. Thats really cool, she earns brownie points there. Cuz I dont even do that (Ahhh BEE SHa), she shows me up in that respect.

Im thin slicing... and making the decision on gut feel. I dont feel her as a winner, and Id much rather support that blondie curly haired nanny, nice girl, she is much better. Im not a very good Filipino when it comes to American Idol.

And oh yeah, theres a post coming tomorrow because its leap year. I like leap years.

No comments: