Monday, May 05, 2008

One month later...

I got in trouble a couple times in the last few days. I was asked why am I not blogging by a few peeps. Well, first of all, I think its not the biggest surprise to anyone that knows me, Im pretty lazy. B, I have explained that blogging in Vancouver seems perverse to me; I feel awkward. And 3, Ive actually been pretty darn busy, so busy that I couldnt even read books during my scheduled 'catch up on book reading time' while I was in isolation in Prince Rupert for a weekend. I couldnt even make time to meet Petey. I couldnt even visit Rauls new house in Pitt Meadows (well after all it is way the feck over in Pitt Meadows) I couldnt even go to Lolitas with Kate. I didnt even get a chance to visit some relatives. And I couldnt even make it down to Seattle for a little tip toe through the tulips. And this was while I was on 3 day weeks work weeks, the whole time I was here. If there was one invention that would make more money than the perpetual motion motor (*), it would be a 'dynamic time relativity flux capacitor'; not a time machine per se, because a time machine requires alien technology, and we are not quite in league with such smarty pants aliens yet, but a machine that could slow down or speed up time; definitely more plausible. So every exciting monumental moment in life can be dragged out to SEEM to last forever.. and every horrible moment can last a nano-second. Remember as kids, when the two months of summer vacation seemed to last forever, but also realize during the exact same period, to people like our parents, it probably flew by. This is an opportunity to tweak, equalize and potentially throw a monkey wrench into the works of that balance. Good invention huh? I did think of it before the Adam Sandler movie, he was a total biter. But anyways, with this, this past month wouldn't have seemed like only a weekend in total length.

So yeah, the day, weekend, week, month has gone by really quick. Check out all the things I got to do though..

-Eat at the Naam for the first time in 5 years.
-Eat at The Cannery for the first time ever.
-Eat at Lift for the first time ever.
-Eat at Toshi's for the first time in 2 years.
-Eat at Hapa Izakaya for the first time in 3 years.
-Eat at Italian Kitchen for the first time ever.
-Eat at Galaxy Gardens and Stardust for the best Chicken Chow Mein in not only Prince Rupert, but the whole world.. for the first time in 4 years.
-Eat at Gotham for the first time in 4 years.
-Eat at Hons (House of Noodles) on Robson as much as possible for the Hermes fried Taro and my Cashew Chicken basket.
-Eat at Pagliaccis in Victoria for the first time in 5 years, only to realize that although still very good, not as mindblowing as I remember when I was still in Student-mode. I devised new maths... 9.5 in Student Mode.. need a correctional downgrade factor of 2... so 7.5 in Yuppie Mode.
-Eat at West (thats tonight, its gonna be soooo Keanu Reeves.)

Huh.. there seems to be a theme here. Now I fell guilty and I think I have a lot of working out to do to make up for it. Eating is good, Im not shy. But being fat, not soo good, and i get shy. I HAD to take advantage though, Dundalk only really has one or two really good restaurants... and I lack the eating out partners I have in abundance in this area code. So its completely within sound logic, by my reckoning ( I love the word 'reckoning').

So thanks again to everyone for the good times; happy days. It DID go by WAY too quick. But Ill see y'all in less than 3 months {Noli presses the 'speed up' button on the dynamic time relativity flux capacitor}

n.

Reference Index
(*) For all non-engineer readers, the perpetual motion motor is a motor engine that moves forever, a device that delivers / outputs more energy than what is put into it. An example would be an engine that did not require fuel, apart some intiating energy at the beginning; ie a starting push. However, such a device or system would be in violation of the law of conservation of energy, which states that energy can never be created or destroyed, and is therefore impossible. See, Im so Mensa-material.

No comments: