Monday, July 14, 2008

Worst

Im in a terrible mood right now. Im actually Angry. Im sitting in the Terminal in Central Wisconsin Airport, just finished checking in and I just got charged $100 because one of my bags was overweight. Feck that, United Airlines, like really. Normally incidents such as this dont bother me that much, but its been a snowball situation for the last few days and I finally got to the point where I just spat out the pacificer. Truthfully, I shouldn't really be that mad because firstly I will expense it to work anyways, and to be fair, all Airlines now have restricted the amount of baggage allowable on flights, charging for 2nd bags, decreasing the weight limit per bag, etc. These new rules have been properly disclosed and communicated and it doesnt come out of my pocket, but it doesnt take away from the fact that they are stupidhead rules. One more reason to blame the Chinese and the Indians for developing stronger economies; increasing the global demand for resources, and therefore creating an ever escalating cost of living for the rest of us. Its so much more convenient when it boils down to a generalization, doesnt it?

Again normally I wouldnt be so mad, but hinderances and snags have been been building up for the last couple days. I have already alluded to my currently location: Im back in Wisconsin for round two in this scheduled 3 round bout. I was suppose to leave Friday morning but was informed that I would have to stay longer and work another weekend, my 4th weekend in 6 weeks. Dont mean to stutter, but I didnt mind too much, really, if only it just ended there. Fortunately I had a coleague, Big Paddy with me on this trip for a week. He got to go home Friday though, which left me on my lonesome. For the weekend. Again, by itself, not that bad. It turned for the worse on Sunday night, when I was called into the mill for coverage at the stupid O'clock time of 2:30am. On the night before I was suppose to fly. Seriously. Normally Id only be there for an hour or so, do my thing, and be out of there quicker than quick, so I could go back to my bed. Things did not go well though, things broke down, which made other things break down, and before you know it, I was a zombie crossed with a bear, leaving at 6am, with a 11am flight, and I had not slept yet. This all contributed to me doing something for the first time ever, I missed my flight. I went back to the hotel, to catch maybe 2 hours sleeps.... but my alarm didnt go off loud enough, and I woke up as my flight was taking off. And now Im here in the Airport getting charged $100 for being overweight ( which I was not charged for on the way here, I might add), on top of the $150 change flight fee. And to really piss me out more than anything, because I missed the morning flight, I lose 5 hours of shopping time in Chicago. Yes I was going to go shopping for shoes; now I probably only have 1.5 hours tops, which is basically the time I would allow for purchasing socks. If you subtract shoe shopping time from Noli, Noli starts kicking people in the mouth.

Im whinging, and I really shouldnt post this because it makes me sound like a whinging bitch; bad form. Nobody likes a whinging bitch, apart from Lawyers who client them, of course, but nobody likes them either. Ill regret it, I will, I didnt even get a chance to make it sound more dramatic and interesting. This could very well be my worst post ever. But I dont care, I need to vent and its better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

And Ill be back in Vancouver soon, for a few days, till I have to comeback here again. Hope that goes well.

Update: Great... as I sit here in the terminal, Ive just been informed the flight is delayed at least one hour because of windshear at Ohare airport... and my shopping time has quickly evaporated to nothing. Yet another reason to hate on OHare. I better start listening to some dancy Goldfrapp on iTouch before I backhand a stranger for good reason, Naomi Campbell / Diana Ross style.

No comments: