Sunday, July 13, 2008

Coffee

I think its been said that the definition of madness is repeating the same mistake over and over, expecting a different result. Or it can be the sign of being outright and blantantly retarded, which makes things even worser for me, in this way, because Im more often guilty of the same. I dont know if anyone relates to me on this or not, but I sometimes find myself repeating a mistake, only because I thought it would be different this next time, hoping and believing that some variable, some element, some ingredient, some condition, SOMETHING... has evolved on its own in the time and space between last time and now to make the situation different; and so I try again and then again. And again. Actually this pretty much defines my social inadequacies.

You see i bring this up, because Im sitting at a Starbucks at Barnes and Noble in Wausau Wisconsin (yep back here again), falling again for a cute Starbucks Barista. Her name is Kelly. We flirt briefly everytime I purchase my tall latte with irish cream, which I only frequent when she is working. Its going no where, I know this, but I try the same things, because of what I explained above. (BTW, as I sit here typing, I know I picked good, because her male co-worker Mr shadow bearded barista dude, is obviously crushing on her as well, its SO obvious) I blame Starbucks actually, its one of the few large scale outfit chains I can think of where there is a good shooting percentage of finding an employee to develop a short fancy on. Or more simplying, at Starbucks there is at least a chance of finding some decent looking birds. Not all the time, or not even a majority percentage, but at the very least above the societal average found when one is walking around the street or taking public transportation. I think everyone can agree, the percentages on the bus are downright pitiful if not upsetting. You can actually ask yourself this: when was the last time you went to Dennys, Walmart or Macdonalds, and found someone you thought was cute? Id have to go back all the way to high school, personally, and those memories probably dont count as much cuz theyre kinda fuzzy; my memory aint what it used to be. Not that there is anything wrong with being ugly, in most cases it just means your earning potential is stunted because youre forced to work at Dennys, Walmart or Macdonalds. So there is something special and different about Starbucks which equates closer to the Abercrombie and Fitch levels of appeal. Only difference is you cant sit at Abercrombie and Fitch, hours on end, with a laptop, being faux-productive. Now, I would probably need 3 hands in order to count the number of times Starbucks has produced up girls worthy of repeat flirting. Its probably one of the major reasons I come to this place in general, so their human resourcing practices must emphasize this on some minute level, because it obviously leads to increased repeat business, despite their mass produced fair trade coffee. And all I could say is, with the recent news that Starbucks is closing down 600 stores this year, it must be all the ones where only ugly people work at them.

Oh damn, Kelly just glanced over, Im about to pass out....

No comments: