Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Midnight Stroll

I just got a new Camera, the Canon 7D. It is an absolutely deadly weapon. 18 Megapixel, 3 inch LCD Liveview Screen, Full 1080P HD Video, Dual CMOS Processors, Weather resistant and Kung Fu grip (for real, it has kung fu grip). Granted, I spent too much money on it, but that was somewhat masked by the fact that it played 'hard to get'. Normally I dislike when people play 'hard to get', girls that play games like 'hard to get' are the worst and dont get 'got' in the end, but when it comes to consumer goods, its a completely different story. Its a personal weakness, one of the many cases where I fall hook line and sinker for the basic economic principles of supply and demand. Im a sucker. So when the Canon 7D was not in stock anywhere, I was keenly determined to get one. As Zack has often screamed, accompanied by an ape-shit response, "Foock you, I wont do what you tell me"

To make a long story short, I researched everywhere and called multiple places to find this camera in New York. Somehow, in hedging all my bets, I temporarily ended up with two! Owning two would be stupid though... I had to get my money back for one of them, which I did. But in the end, this was all a distraction, a successful way to deflect: the process was hiding the fact that it was fairly damn expensive. These are the tricks I need to employ to justify buying expensive things I can barely afford. Also it combo-ed well with my standby trick of justifying by using Euro-USD exchange rates. If I bought that same camera here in Ireland, it would of cost 700Euro more! Im saving money! Everytime you find yourself in a situation where the more you spend the more you save, you've got to do it.

So I now have to use it. Below for some samples. The video, Ive also posted on Facebook. I hate double posting, I try not to, but this was my first EOS 7D video, so I had to. Ill compromise my loose principles for this special case. Pardon the shakiness, thats because I dont have a clue what Im doing.


I was actually listening to Passion Pit on my iPod during this same sequence. So actually, what you see now is exactly what I saw and heard during that time. Youre me. For 2 and a half minutes, that is, if I was a bobble head. Oh, and Grays Papaya. 2 Hotdogs and Papaya juice for $3.50. Great Value...


NYC Cab Boot



Autumn in Central Park



Baby Noah, 8 weeks old.



Red Velvet from Magnolia Bakery, so good, it makes you poo Red.

No comments: