Thursday, March 24, 2005

iDead

My iPod has died. It doesnt work anymore, and Im soooooooooooooooooooooo devastated. Absolutely crushed. It gets really hot now (fever), and the hard drive keeps spinning and spinning with no result, repeating ad nauseum (alzheimers). Mort.

Its quite poignant, but I can finally relate now to some of the most emotionally heartfelt moments in history, like I now know how Kevin Amold felt when his inspirational math teacher passed away, or how Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid felt when Matilda was kidnapped; its a dark empty place, where you constantly battle and fight to not cry so much. You have to understand this was my best friend in Ireland. An inanimate object was my best friend. I dont think I have referenced anything in this blog more than my iPod. It provided a soundtrack to my aimlessness... and it kept me occupied when I walked around and gallivanted about without point, with nothing better to do, it was always there before. Now its not.

So now with iPod gone, there is a few things that I can no longer do. I can no longer go to the gym and "almost" dance in the mirror to 99 Red Ballons, cant go for a run and get a rush of adreneline when Vanessa Carltons White Houses comes on, and I was REALLY looking forward to listening to Nelly Furtados portugueses songs which I dont understand, while i walked on the beaches of Algarve and Lisboa next month. Or even listen to my pal Enrique sing "Escape" while walking the calle in Madrid. Lets not also forget it is THE status card for being cool. Not that Im not cool anymore, Im not saying that, Im still cool. Just sad too.

There is still hope for resurrection though. Im sending it into apple.ie, hoping that Steve O'Jobs can fix it. There is the one small complication that I bought it in Canada, and the warranty is suppose to only apply in North America... but ehhhhhhhh... minor technicality. Otherwise they might have to talk to my two pals, on my right, Peter McNeely and on my left, Gerry Cooney.

No comments: