Saturday, March 04, 2006

Dont Mess with Texas

Quickly chiming in from Debbie Does Dallas. Im here for the weekend instead of Oklahoma cuz Oklahoma sucks. Pardon my cajun french, but its true. Stupid Hornets arent even playing whilst I was there.

Now Ive only been in Dallas once before, very briefly, but now that Im staying a whole weekend, I can judge it better. And after just one nite so far, this is what I think: I have to say that Dallas must be the California of Texas. My analogy, dont steal. I figured this because: theres actually not that many accents here or not as bad or exaggerated as other places, theres very westcoast-ish feel in they way they do things, girls dress westcoast style, good diverse base of restaurants, representation in every major sport league, and I dont know... it just gives me that vibe. Dallas, it aint shabby. Of course now, Ive havent ventured much further than the Deep Ellis and Addison areas, (which are kinda hip/posh)... but I like to leave with that impression, and generalize. Its so much easier that way. PLUS... girls here are Gorgeous. OMG. Maybe that has something to do with it too.. maybe... just a little bit. And you know how you stare at cute girls when they pass nearby? Well here they stare back. And smile. And say, "Hi how ya doin?" which then leads me to then respond, very cooly... "baaaa.. arahgh phhhft bffftt"

BTW... got a Inifinity FX45 for a rental car, which is easily the sexiest, tea-baggin vehicle I have ever driven. I actually feel like a better person. I do. And I will continue to, until it comes time to fill out my rental car expense report.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Women will make eye contact, and smile back at you??? Being in Vancouver for so long, I thought that was just an urban myth.