Saturday, March 18, 2006

St. Patricks Day #2



-Last weekend my friend from Vancouver, Kathryn, came to visit with her mate Julie, an unexpected out of the blue last minute visit, the kind that surprise you and energize you at the same time. I was still in the Oklahoma / Texas/ Arkansas triangle at the time when I found out, but it was awesome that schedules worked out, so she came over to Dublin just when I got back. It was some savage craic, but it was just too bad the the Six Nations Rugby match between Ireland and Scotland was on that weekend, because when these things happen in Dublin, accomodations disappear quickly and treble in price (I like that word, treble... it amuses me) And as a result there were thousands of men in plaid burberry skirts in Dublin that weekend. And as Julie and Kathryn found out, not so much underneath either.. yucks. Just disgusting. Im dry heaving now.

-Second St Patricks Day in Ireland in a row yesterday. This is going to wreck all future St. Patricks Days for me from now on, after I move away from here. The craic is insane mighty and since Im in Ireland its actually a Stat Holiday. No work, bitches. It was brutally cold though, all the more reason to stay inside in the pub. And it seems there are no health codes or fire regulations in Ireland because they just freakin pack you into the pubs, like sardines, especially on St. Pats. Literally, its like a mosh pit. Good when you are beside pretty girls with skant clothing. Bad when you are beside a Kilt wearing Scottish guy with no underwear.

- Got a new Video iPod. Now I can watch Karate Kid anytime I want. I rule so much its mind blowing.

- On a related note, I just heard there is a new Video iPod coming out soon, with a fuller size screen. Typical. Whenever I feel better about myself with something new, Karma kicks me in the nuts.

- On thursday and today, Saturday, I got saved by the best thing ever (Didnt include Friday, cuz its St. Pats Day). Its called March Madness on Demand live video streaming, on ncaasports.com. (Duke all the Way) All this time I thought I had no chance to watch the College Basketball Tourney, but then I found this out and went crazy ape shit, like Chuck Norris whenever he sees Steven Segal. And its FREE! (Duke all the way) and I get to watch whatever freakin game I want. Like right now for example Im watching Yannick Noahs kid dominate in the Florida / Wisc. Milwaukee game. Im so excited to know he has dreadlocks too... and a gap toothed smile. I guess you can have everything that your dad has, except the shortcut tennis shorts. (Duke all the Way)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duke Sucks!

Anonymous said...

JJ "Razor" Redick will amount to nothing in the NBA.

Anonymous said...

Duke just lost, and the Leafs just got hammered by the Habs. All I need now is for the Yankees to beat up on the Red Sox, then I'd be in heaven.

Anonymous said...

hey dude,
I want to see a picture of kathyrn's mate julie