Saturday, June 17, 2006

I need to ease into this...

I need to stretch a little bit.. do a few proverbial lunges, back streches, jumping jacks... before I start blogging again... hence I go bullet point form...

-Holiday was brilliant. Bilbao Spain -> San Sebastian Spain -> Biarritz Prance -> Bordeaux Prance -> Paris Prance... Absolutely savage.. ill get more into it in subsequent posts with pics... but I need to stretch more still...its relief though to walk around now and actually understand what people say. As kewl as it is to be away immersed in a language you only have baby skills at, its even nicer coming back home solid in the knowledge of how to aks for a side salad instead of fries.


- Wayne made an obtuse comment yesterday on msn chat... that KT Tunstall sucks. WHAT?!! Then I remember this is from the same guy who counts "You can do Magic" by America and "Sailing" by Christopher Cross as iconic love songs, quite possibly two of the gayest songs ever released in history... so judge for yourself, as you will, on his musical acumen. KT's 'Other side of the world' and 'Suddenly I See' are absolute class, they are my early summer songs of 2006... actually the whole Album is dog licking his own balls good.

- Chatted with Jill too, and she said she doesnt eat Veras burgers anymore. YEAH RIGHT! Such a liar...

- Heading to Japan next weekend. A ludicris trip actually, fly / commute probably a total 24 hours there and 24 hours back in order to visit a customer for about 4 hours worth of work. What a joke. Its a jolly by all definitions... at least I get to go shopping in Tokyo again... if this was the late 80s Id be doing the cabbage patch.

- David Duval is on the leaderboard after the second round of the US Open. That doesnt surprise me so much as the fact that he still wears those old school wrap around Oakleys. Ques-ce fuck? Thats SOOOOO early 90s... I dont even think they sell those anymore. Get with the program Duval... no wonder why he sucks now.

- Good news bulletin #1: Eldrick Woods missed the cut at the US Open. Watch me as I do a Woods uppercut punch and hold it there (Ive decided to stop calling him Tiger. Although if I got a chance to name myself as a kid as he did, Id be Prince)

- World Cup started last weekend and its absolutely sweet that its in my own time zone. Dreams of actually attending a game are quickly fading though, ohwell. My pick: Espanyol. Other teams I like: Czechs Cereal, Forca Portugal, Diego Argentina, Giselle Brazil, Orange Holland. Teams I cheer against: the cocky Americans, the clock/knife making Swiss, the dull Germans and those English Bastards. And of course there is a soft spot in my heart for the Ghanians.

- Good news bulletin #2: Overhyped USA got hammered 3-0 in their World Cup opener against the Czechs... I just absolutely love rooting against the Americans in anything. They cant even win the worlds in basketball and baseball, so realistically what chance do they have in soccer. Consider themselves lucky they are not facing Ronaldinho Robinho Adriano Kaka Cafu & Fred. Itd be 56-0.

- Anne-Marie sent me a gorgeous pic of their 6 month old baby Tyson. I LOVE this pic (Tyson Palma, now there is a name. Its like Steve McQueen)



- okay this is my first post that I completed 100% on the shitter. I need to light a match.

Prince Abecia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hanoy and Joe (Earl Watson),

-"You Can Do Magic" and "Sailing" are way easier to listen to then a chick singing "A Woo Hoo" every freaking 2 seconds.
-JoeJoe doesn't watch sports 'cause he can't PLAY them.
-Was up in Rupert this past weekend for my Mama and Papa's 50th Wedding Anniversary there, and the usual suspects were kicking it at the infamous Islander Hall (Tita Jasmin/Tito Caesar; Tito Noel, Lola Abecia, Tito Ely)
-2 quotes from that night from the man who invented them, Tito Caesar...."Hey Wayne, let's go hunt some cougaaars tonight" and "Don't get married, why pay for it when you can get it for free". Never a dull moment with that guy
-Finally, that elbow on McBride street yesterday was just to make sure the Americans know that its Italy ALL DE WEY!
WFV

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props of our son. I had a smile on my face as I read it..up to the part where you said that you were thinking of my son on the shitter. Nice. Now that's a story I'll have to share with Tyson when he's taller than you (and you know he will be!)

Anne-Marie