Monday, June 26, 2006

Van Damage

You know those childhood arguments during Recess or sleep overs, where you would argue with your buddy who would win in a fight, Rambo (Sly) or Conan (Arnold). And honestly, nothing in the world as a 10 year old was more important or so contentious than who would kick whose ass, Sly vs Arnold, in a real fight. That stupid argument would go on forever. But me and my childhood friends knew the truth, Van Damme could kick both their asses at the sametime with one hand amputated and his shoe laces tied together "no problem". For a brief period of time, from 1989 to 1994, Van Damme was a God. And for a select few, like Wayne, Burt and my brother JR, he still is. Hell Burt and JR even learned to do the splits Van Damme style when they were 10 so they could do the infamous "Splits then Punch the nuts" super move, which instantly replaced the crane kick as the most impressive martial arts move of death of all time. But Im pretty sure if we ever had the internet back then and watched this clip, as developing children, it would of tilted our worlds and been as devastating as the time we found out wrestling was fake.

Van Damme is a Prench Backla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Ehhhhh look like me? You of all people should know I would neber in my life wear black silk anderwer!" "Because of my big legs, and karate, I can do the splits, NO problem"