Sunday, June 18, 2006

World Cup Weekend

Let me waste some time. Ill talk sports.

Maybe there is something wrong with me. This morning I was actually slightly tempted to watch the Japan vs Croatia match, which is the equivalent of watching the Tampa Bay Devil Rays play the Kansas City Royals. Like, really who gives a Kaka. Good thing I was only slightly tempted... I blogged this instead. Yesterday Ghana beat the Czechs and the Italians scored two goals against the US's none. Too bad one of Italys goals was into its own net...

Now I havent mentioned the Stanley Cup Playoffs at all since the beginning, probably because Im in a feeble position to comment on whats really going on. As Ive well documented in the past, NHL is as foreign as Polar Bears in Ireland, but I have to say that I am totally ecstatic that the Oil have pushed it to seven games and are on the verge of winning its 6th Cup. Unlike 2 years ago, where I vilified everyone in Vancouver that cheered for the stupid Flames during the finals, strangely I dont have a problem at all with cheering for the Oilers. Maybe its because I was a Oilers mini supporter during the 80s in the the Gretzky years and when the Canucks were ass wipe... and also I hold a strong grudge since it was actually Joel Otto of the Flames that ILLEGALLY KICKED IN THE PUCK IN OVERTIME OF GAME 7 against the Canucks in 1989 and went on to win the whole thing (since that time my opinion of the Flames have been on par with fresh Elephant excrement) But here is the best reason.... at the beginning of the Playoffs I went with a flier and put money on the Oilers to win it all. Daft at the time I know, but the odds were 50-1... and now I am one game away from being 250 euros richer... whoever said gambling was immoral? Go Oil GO!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hanoy,

Good job picking the Oilers man. They should've won, they got robbed! LOL, WHATEVER!