Tuesday, December 05, 2006

India Part 2

Im thinking of shaving my moustache. Now getting rid of this stache... its like .. um... giving back a gold medal from the Cool Olympics. To be honest, its is so unbelievably bad.. its good. Its so completely insanely horrible (specially with my spacey asian facial hair) its feckin kewl. And I really like having it; for the craic, for shits n giggles, for the 'who gives a shit' attitude. Id actually post a picture of it, but it might crack your monitor, from all the overwhelming awesomeness...

Just got back two days ago from another week in India.. yet again, which actually inspired the moustache move. Really dreaded this trip actually going into it, considering how bad the last one went.. plus I was only booked in World Traveller Plus (Deluxe Economy) Seats for the flight... which is ASS. Granted its not exactly livestock cattle class like proper economy, but still. It wasnt going to be fun being back there with the plebs.

This time though it didnt turn out too bad. It helps knowing what youre getting into.. and with expectations already so low, everything better becomes icecream with a cherry on top. First I got upgraded on the way there, which brings us up to par for the course. Then this mill ended being way more organized and prepared than the other shit hole. Now saying this is like saying Tonya Lee Harding is better at boxing than Steven Hawkings... so we are talking barely competent here, but still... its a remarkable step up, given the differential as oppose to the absolute. There were minimal work delays, I had a PSP and a book to cover my downtime (just finished the Anansi Boys from Neil Gaiman... pretty okay. about 15% my way through PSP Grand Theft Auto). Also to top it all off, the temperature was not hell hot like last time, a decent 25-28C. And there were monkeys near the guest house complex. Monkeys!! Class, I tell you. Just dont stare them in the eyes and show your teeth... otherwise your in trouble...

And on the way back... I got Upgraded again. Poor Ronan didnt though, but oh well, what can you do. (HAHAHAHAHA.. thats really funny shit.. from my point o view anyways... he was a bear) So this time India was pretty good. I got my Darjeeling Tea too... and Assam Tea. Time to make some sweet sweet chai...

No comments: