Sunday, December 17, 2006

BA Terminal 4 Gate 1 Terrace Lounge

Familiarity breeds contempt, so its now kardinal offishal... Heathrow is the 2nd worst airport in the whole wide world. (Kolkata Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport keeps the championship of the world belt, what can I say, its the lingering BO and the bobbleheading). Heathrow sucks. Transfering here between Terminals sucks. The instructions and signage suck. The people who work here suck, and their stuck-up pompy accents while lecturing you and not listening to your problems sucks (You know youve been in Ireland too long WHEN... you start hating the English) . The funny thing is Im saying this from the comfort of the BA Terrace Lounge, with free eats and free liquor... yet I still complain. That has to show you the level of suckiness... they give you free stuff and it stills sucksballchoppa.. (I will throw in a disclaimer before I continue, my exposure to the big American Hubs has been limited in the last two years.. namely LAX, JFK, LaGuardia, OHare and Hotlanta, etc airports that Ive on the most part sucessfully avoided so I still reserve the right to recast my vote if that lack of frequency changes)

Sad thing is I use to love this airport, because back in the day of the rare transatlantic trips from Canada, Heathrow was the symbol and gateway to Europe. Arriving Heathrow meant good things; hell, great things. European Vacations, London visits, Big Ben, Picadilly Circus.. my London London Bridge, wanna go down like, London london london .. etc etc.. Illsaynomore... but now I try to avoid it as much as possible and if I can travel through elsewhere (Schipol Airport Amsterdam is good. Charles DeGuille Paris not so much... but still marginally better than Heathrow, even though they are French) And again I blame George Dubya. If it wasnt for the increased global Muslim tensions, the supresssive security that is overtly prevalent in American airports would of not swung out to the rest of world. Heathrow is now just as bad as an American airport. Tony Blair got into bed with the wrong man.

By the way, I didnt get upgraded. Its welcome to cattle class. MOOOO... (Gawd I love being a snob. Being a snob rules)

Okay, I better go now, I need to get drunk off the open bar. And eat at the free buffet. And watch Chelsea football on the widescreen. This place really sucks...

(cyas soon)

2 comments:

Mike said...

Worst airports? Try the three terminal shuttle and overcrowded bus ride at Sydney if you're transferring from a flight from the provinces (and do it in reverse after a 14 hour trans-Pacific flight!).

Or LAX - Homeland Security seems to have given the staff a total personality bypass.

Best airports? San Francisco is hard to beat and Auckland comes pretty close (pity about the awful ride to the city)

Anonymous said...

Best airports in my book are
#1 Singapore SIN
#2 Kuala Lumpur KUL
#3 Baltimore-Washington International BWI

Try them out, they're great!