Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Christmas Carol..

Every year I do a little blurb on my favorite Christmas songs. So far on the list: Fairy Tale of New York (The Pogues), Last Christmas (Wham), Little Drummer Boy (Bing Crosby and David Bowie), & of course Do They Know its Christmas (Band Aid). I wanted to do another one of these posts in proper detail to continue on with the tradition... however, Ive run out of time because Im actually flying to the Philippines in 12 hours for this years Christmas Break (Almost 16 years in the making). Im in the middle of packing right now actually. So unfortunately I wont have time to do it right and prepare a decent introduction then frame it within a conceptual context that is somehow hopefully interesting (at least thats always my intention). So Ill just be simple and say it plainly and add Happy Xmas [the war is over] (John Lennon) to the list. Great great song, never loses its appeal, and unlike another xmas song from his former band mate Paul, it has a greater repeat playability appeal, the hallmark of any truely excellent christmas song.

Merry Christmas everyone. or er Happy Christmas, as everyone says over here.... which still sounds funny to me.

I might catchup with you again when I have 4.5 hours in the Heathrow British Airways lounges tomorrow. (I really still hate Heathrow, because, you know its a shambles)

No comments: