Sunday, June 22, 2008

Prolonged Giddy

This weekend I was suppose to be in Chicago. My time here in Tomahawk Wisconsin was suppose to end on Friday, with a weekend in the Breezy city before flying back to Irlande. Im still stuck here though, because of a last minute request to provide babysitting services. Flights had to be changed, hotels bookings modified, It was all a rather sudden. One more weekend in quiet and simple Tomahawk, population 3770.

Now you think Id be mad under these circumstances, or at least saddened and momentarily depressed. Thats how I normally would react, in a childish way, when a weekend in Chicago is replaced with a weekend in central Wisconsin. However, in a completely unexpected turn of events, I cant help but feel an unexplained buoyancy in my demeanor during this weekend. And really I dont know why, if we are to check the balance sheet, it shouldnt even be close:

Pros
- I get to drive my rental Dodge Charger a few more days.
- I get to listen to Sirius Satellite Radio.

Cons
- I have to drive one hour to hang out at a Walmart
- I need to work this weekend, at odd hours, to check on our installed system. Second weekend in a row by the way.
- I miss my chance to potentially go to Wrigley field and watch the Cubs interleague with the White Sox.
- I wont get a chance to shop the Magnificent Mile.
- I wont get the chance to eat yummy Chicago Deep Dish.
- Im completely all by my lonesome, in a lonesome town.

Nothing against Tomahawk, it is quite charming of a town. People here are unbelievably nice, (its almost spooky), its surrounded by gorgeous lakes and the wisconsin river runs through it, providing free water jumping shows at 8PM. And there is a Dairy Queen.

So why am I happy? I dont know. I wont question it though. Im even smiling as I type this. Usually when Im like this, a girl is involved or at the very least an exotic location. Neither are true is this case, but anyways Ill go with it. Ill now stop typing, walk around, and enjoy the day. 1000% better than being depressed and sorry for myself. I actually wish I could turn this on all the time, it makes for a great day.

This doesnt make any sense.

No comments: