Saturday, November 08, 2008

"Yo... where the white women at?"

That would be the answer to the question: What does Barack Obama aks when he enters a room from now on?

4 years ago I posted how personally devastated I was after the last election, however illogical that may sound since Im not even American, and how it actually dominated my dreams the night of before waking up to find out the results. This time around, happily it was the exact opposite. Now bring on the "Sarah Palin is so dumb... " jokes.

"Sarah Palin is soooo dumb, she thought the capital of China was Chinatown.." (Thank you Daily Show for that one. I spit up my drink seriously) God love her.

Also loving the fact that the new chief of staff is Entourage's Ari Gold's brother. Like for real. For the past 2 months I have been absolutely ADDICTED to the online election coverage. Id get home, and first Id check out the previous nites Daily Show episode. Then I would move on to CNN and check out there video collection. Then I would move on to MSNBC and check out the videos from Morning Joe, Hardball, Countdown and Rachel Meadows. And somewhere in between, Id eat, if I remember. This went on every day since I arrived back into Ireland in September. Mad. (Mad as in crazy, not Mad as in angry. Im Irish now, obviously). In between I didnt even realize that Canada had an election somewhere in between. No one even told me. However I did know exactly what Nailin Palin was doin every minute of every hour. Then in the morning, we would discuss these events with Irish lads over coffee break, highlighting how far reaching this event has become. On the weekend then, I watch the latest Real Time with Bill Maher episode from Friday night. In some ways its was a pleasant routine. No idea what Im going to do now... write on my blog maybe.. nahhhhhhhh..

No comments: