Wednesday, September 01, 2004

We got the blessed rum

My ex-roommate Adam used to have a ritual. At the start of every month, at midnight... he says "Bunny Rabbit". Apparently if your first words of the month are "Bunny Rabbit" (or something like that) then you will have a great luck for the month. Bunny Rabbit. Yeah I know, I think it sounds gay too. He tried to get me into it, but it was futile because apart from the fact that I have a bad memory for things that have strict deadlines and for things that require an actual presence of mind, it turns out I already have my own end of month/beginning of the month ritual, its called making sure there is enough money in my account to cover rent.

Anyways its the 1st of tha month, Ill leave it with Bone-Thugs-n-Harmony in the background, as I scratch my head and wonder how many times I suprise myself, in that its already bloody September, --

"Wake up, wake up, wake up it's the 1st of tha month
To get up, get up, get up so cash your checks and get up

Hey my nigga we havin' a wonderful day and I won't fuck wit me. Why?
Cuz it's the 1st of tha month and now we smokin',chokin',rollin' blunts
And sippin' on 40 ounces thuggin' come come we got the blessed rum
From jumpin' all nights we high
Hit up the block to where? East 99
I get wit my nigga to get me some llello
Double up nigga what you need?
We got weed to get P.O.Ded
Fiend for the green leaves
Give it up it's the foe sure you better lay low
Cause the po-po creep when they roll slow
If you can't get away better toss that llello
Keep your bankroll
Yeah we havin' a celebration, I love to stay high
And you better believe when it's time to grind
I'm down for mine crime after crime
Fin to creep to the pad cuz mom's got grub on the grill
If we got the food, you know it's the 1st of tha month
and my nigga we chills foe real............."

PS... This maybe one of my favorite songs EVER, but anyone actually knows how that blackity-black talk actually makes sense? Im looking for Dr. Seuss type of flow...

No comments: