Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Tiger Beer

First and formost I got to say one thing: My Singapore Hotel, The Royal Plaza on Scotts, has a free freakin Mini Bar. I hope you understand what Im saying. You have no idea how excited I was when I found out! Like... free minibar? are you shitting me? Of course, I should of known better, that it was too good to be true. Once I got to my room, I dropped everything (actually there was nothing to drop because the bell boy was carrying my luggage for me. YES! And I didnt know if I was suppose to tip in Singapore, so.. ehhh... I didnt) I whipped open the mini bar and surprise surprise, I only found two Tiger Beers, a Pepsi, a Diet Pepsi (yuck), a 7UP, and some local Orange drink. What a tease. Two Tiger Beers. And no hard alcohol or snacks. At least they replenish this every day, so I better use them, or at the very least, hide them in my suitcase. If you havent found out already, Im cheap like that.

So anyways, I just got here, late in the evening. Everyone looks like my Dad or a cousin or Pierre (I swear! Theres freakin Pierres everywhere here. And all the Pierres look at me. Pierre?), which, after a year and a half in Ireland, Id have to say... all you brown people look the same. Lots of aussies too. Its so good... I love that accent, its the best ever. (The girls... not the dudes, dumbass; Aussie blokes are pompous and dodgy in general)

Im kinda relieved that I am in Singapore though, which is WAY different than any other asian city. Its cuz everyone speaks english. My last trips to Japan and Korea... oh boy... were totally different; fun, but different cuz everyone initially spoke to me in the local language. They would look at me and just speak normally, like I knew what the fuck they are saying. Its just like when Jen or Millie Jane go to chinatown. It bugged me a little because I had to constantly repeat myself, like a stupid american, asking if they spoke English. And if they did, I still counldnt understand them... oh well.. it was stress everytime I went to get sushi.

But here. No problems. I just have to turn on my Malay accent, and Im local. Also discovered a new treat. Deep fried Pineapple Pie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hanoy,

How are the Red Sox doing this year in the playoffs? LOL, 3 game sweep I love it. Let me guess, you'll come up with another one of your lame ass excuses as to why they lost. When Rents hit into the series ending out, I went ballistic. Love to see those chumps lose.