Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I hate myself.

You know whats the worst thing ever? Admiting when you are wrong. Im so unbelievably lucky though that I have one of those constitutions where Im rarely wrong... and thats because Ive only slightly miscalculated, which is understandable given that math doesnt work out 100% of the time when youre not paying attention to the problem at hand. Thats the way math is, and usually there is always an out. Like I miscalculated 4 years ago when I thought Britney Spears would always be sane and have hair; I neglected to take into account she is from a hick trailer park in Mississippi.

Now being wrong about John Mayer is what is really bugging me. You see I think John Mayer sucks, . Not that there is anything fundamentally wrong with him, its just that there is just something about these sensitive guitar playing dudes that really bug me, becuase all of them initially do NOT do it for the money necessarily, but ACTUALLY just to sing to chicks while looking deeply and passionately into their eyes, lulling them with lovely dovely lyrics into a completely unguarded and open state of lust, strumming their melodic guitar chords and feinting compassion and doing it only long enough so that they could ultimately get laid later. And that bugs me. Because it works everytime. I hate those guys. Your body is a wonderland? You slimmy smug muthafucker. Ask any girl out there what they think of John Mayer and 90 percent of them would fawn and blush with undo excitement and discuss how adorable he is. BARF. Even Linda was crazy about the guy... to my complete dismay. A completely annoying feeling.

I ripped his Continuum CD though into iTunes becuase it was in the CD library of the Whistler Hotel I stayed at in January (Beyonce was there too, so I took that also). Free is free, like. I never listened to it though; I only ripped it cuz it was available for free. Like, Id rip Ron Artests rap album if it was available for free...

But yesterday this happened. I was listening to my library, set to shuffle , and I ended up getting into a song I really never heard of. I looked it up on the screen. SON OF A WHORE. John frakin Mayer song from his Continuum Album. Gawd damn your John Mayer sneakiness and trickery! Like Adam, I actually shook my fist in the air...

I got sad. Depressed. And to drown myself in the mood, I drank Brandy and I listened to Cat Power the rest of the day...

1 comment:

SayWha? said...

I was reading your blog and I said to myself... "Wow, its kind of weird that Noli keeps writing the same post every day." Then I realized you haven't posted anything new since February.