Wednesday, September 12, 2007

ah ya Legend

And now before the recessional hymn, here is Sister Margret with a few Parish announcements:

- I find myself swearing more than I ever have. Irish. Bad Influence. Dominantly catholics, but they curse like a barefoot marathoner after stepping in shit. I dont know where drunken sailers and truckers get the worst reputation, when in actuality the Irish, in general, feckin swear shite loads more than any other *unts. Thats probably my best example, the use of "starts with a C and rhymes with Bunt" is unbelivably profilic. Everyone uses it like nothin, the same word which for most people, can be the most blasphemous four letters anyone can ever utter. But here, its like saying prick. People say it so much now that it dulls itself and therefore doesnt bite as it normally would anymore, in an Irish accent anyways. I can barely go an hour without someone mixing in "starts with a C and rhymes with Bunt". Maybe its the accent, maybe the carefree use, or maybe its the way they use it while quipping in a not so derogatory but matter-of-factly humourous way, (even though that doesnt make much of any sense). "Ya *unt ya, get the feck over here" I havent gone that far now, Ill need a proper Irish accent to pull it off... but if you catch me sprinkling a bit more fecks more often.. its the Irish in me. (feck - not as bad as fuck, just so we are clear).

- I have gone plentiful on John Legend, thanks to Jill. Been listening to John Legend as I try to sleep, for the 3rd night in a row. And I just bought it 3 nights ago. Hes a Legend. My favorite song is Where did my Baby Go?. This is THE song. Wow.. I love this song. LOVE THIS SONG. If I was a girl (which Im not) and John Legend sang it to me while looking at me (which he wouldnt), Id fall in love immediately and unconditionally (only if I was a girl, which Im not). But it is that irresistable and mesmerizing... but Im not a girl, and Im not gay, so Im lucky Im not in that kind of a position. This guy has powers. I wanna be John Legend... I swear a dude could look like Bigfoot, a midget Bigfoot even (to completely eliminate the tallness advantage, because chicks frown even more upon shorter guys), but if you could sing this song the same way he does while playing piano and the girl sitting and listening on the end of the piano bench, side by side, a piano singing midget bigfoot could STILL win over the likes of a Jessica Biel.. no contest.

- Finally, Huge huge huge huge Congratulations to my good, close friends Marty and Lorrie. She said yes... (although I think he neglected to go the avenue we previously planned, the engagement 50" LCD Flat screen. It seemed evident, anyways, in his latest email..)

- The second collection was for the parish "fix the leaky roof" fund. Please collect your personalized donation envelopes in the back foyer, next the candle donation box. God Bless... { cue ave maria }

No comments: