Thursday, November 04, 2004

Courtship

I woke up this morning with a great deal of trepidation but still adequately hopeful. I saw the news though, and quickly gained a heavy heart, along with most of the world, notwithstanding 48% of Americans. On TV, lots of people were actually crying. Its hard to explain, but Im right sad myself. And not because I believe the apocalypse is among us, or that the world as a result will get even worser, (far from actually, and yes worser is a word, my word), but mostly because there is suddenly a lack of accountability when accountability was all the rest of the world world was looking for. In its place was a vote for "moral christian values" and "security". nice....

To cheer myself up, I went to an old standby: an email from my friend Michelle. She works at the American Embassy in Ghana, West Africa. I thought Id share, you might get a kick out of it, Ka-hay sure will. (By the way, she is originally from and registered in Ohio, and she was one of the Absentee ballots. Not even counted, I bet)

Enjoy -->
-----------------

So, I've been coordinating a counter-narcotics training here over the
past several weeks (as the 'drugs-n-thugs' officer for this post) and
we needed some training manuals printed. GSO found a local printer,
got a quote, so I sent the materials over. The guy came over with the
proofs to show them to me, we had about a 3-minute business-related
conversation about them, and then he left. Manuals were printed and
delivered, end of story - so I thought. Then, today, I got a card in
the mail from him. Here is the content, verbatim:

"Hi Michill,

How is your day? I hope is fine. The first day I saw you at the lobby
my heart was filled with joy. You look so beautiful, just my heart
desire.

I really like your structure and reception. [What am I, a building??]

Would you please find a place in your heart for me.

I wish to express my full love to you.

Reply soon. -David, Maxi Class [the name of the company]

* Are you married?
* I am married, but..."


------------

Ghanian dudes are silky SMOOOOOTH... with a minimum five 'O's, everytime. Theres no competition...

No comments: