Monday, December 06, 2004

Bruxelles

I started playing a new game whenever Im in a foreign country where I dont know the language. I try and see how long I can go without having to resort to English. Last weekend, I lasted 2 hours in Brussels. And 40 minutes of that was the bus ride from the airport to the train station. Before you mock, please consider that my Grade 11 French skills have agressively deteriated... and my vocabulary is limited to "non", "oui", "bonjour", "s'il vous plait" et "Frere Jacque ah, dormez-vous?" At any rate, youd be surprised by what you can get away with by smiling and nodding in silence... they pass you off as being retarded. "Merci!"

And if this can get you Belgium truffles, sidewalk gaufres avec creme, frites et moules, and a sweet new Puma dry fit shirt ... then you win anyways.

Ne sois pas timide.

No comments: