Sunday, August 15, 2004

Impulse Post #1

This is my first impulse post... just to warn you, this will happen when I am especially emotional about something and need to express myself to reflect the moment. A quick snapshot, or window if you will, into how I am feeling right here, right now. So I rush to the iBook and start typing like a madman....

Now, if there is one thing you will learn about me during this reading, its this; There is only one reason that would make me change the channel from watching womens olympic swimming; that would be the best movie of all time, Karate Kid. See, here I am watching the Olympics, watching the BBC broadcast of one of the most exciting events in sports history, an event so rare and so momentus that it happens once every four years, womens swimming... and I start to surf the other 7 channels, cuz Im guy and we do these things, and Im brought to my knees when I find Karate Kid playing on TV3. Shock and awe I think is the trendy term. Shock and awe. Ireland Rules. Nevermind the fact that I own the DVD and watch it frequently, but Karate Kid on Television is an event. Its like a celebration on broadcast TV and everyone is invited. So as you can tell, Im pretty pumped right now, so I had to share. Usually I would call my friends to let them know... but my only friends in Ireland so far are Guiness and Ipod, and both dont watch TV. Their loss.

Anyways, Daniel-san is getting smoked by a gang skeletons right now... this needs my complete and total undivided attention... laters.. sweep the leg...

1 comment:

Al said...

I'm saying this about you on my blog:

"There is only one reason that would make me change the channel from watching womens olympic swimming; that would be the best movie of all time, Karate Kid."

Now, that last one is just disturbing. Now, I'm a bourgeois philistine and all that, but Karate Kid doesn't even approach Rocky - of which it is a sorry imitation, let alone Casablanca. Or my favorite Bogie movie, The Maltese Falcon.