Monday, August 16, 2004

More music songs...

Occasionally Ill turn this blog into a resource. A pop culture resource, of the Irish variety, with, of course, some general European flavor. So every once in a while, Ill provide some opinions on what I found to my liking on Irish/UK TV (Ali G, Hollyoaks, One Tree Hill) and post some songs that caught my ear. Of course, I will try my utmost best to stay away from the boorish English Pop that populates and dominates the BBC Radio 1 and Virgin Radio; my gosh, there is a lot of crap music here. I do not lie, and I cannot emphasize this enough, there is virtually a new boy band every week. The UK and Ireland is heavily invested and infested with boy bands / girl bands, and that wanker Robbie Williams. Well sometimes I dont mind the girl bands, cuz more often than not, theyre pretty smokin, so they end up being quite bareable according to Noli's music rule #1: Hot chicks rule. And then, of course, there is Rachel Stevens. I love her... AND SOMETIMES, in a few select instances, my guard will drop and let in a pop song so catchy, you cant help but like it.

Here is an example: The song Superstar by Jamelia... only because I really like the "EH-OHHHH EH-OH, EH-OH" part... you know the kind of part that you would shout during Karaoke, but not know any of the rest of the words. Download it ... youll know what I mean...

So here are some songs I currently like over here. Perhaps youve heard of them, perhaps they are already played where-ever you are... I dont know... but they made it into my iPod... These are pretty chill.

Everybody's Changing by Keane
Cannonball by Damien Rice
Run by Snow Patrol

Now in exchange, someone please update me on Ashlee Simpson. Im totally missing out on this... I had no idea.

No comments: