Sunday, October 14, 2007

Random music Post

I promised to myself to note the next time I sang out loud in my car, completely carefree, singing along to songs that I loved. Like the 'Free Falling' driving scene in Jerry Maguire, I truly believe everyone does this. Its like peeing. Even Grandma does it. It happened last night, while I was driving to Tescos to pick up some Taco mix, here we go: Last summer last year I started listening to Phoenix, a band from France. They are French, but actually only sing in English. And the refreshing and stunny aspect of this, they dont even sing like Pepe le Peu at all ( which would of been so unbelievably mindblowing, by its own right). I didnt even know they were French, and didnt pick up on it even though the recommendation came from my French friend Djamilia. WHILE I was in Paris that summer even (I never pretended to be the sharpest box cutter in the Airport lost and found). And this band is good. Really really good. I dont know why it took me so long to mention them, but the whole "what they are french?" reaction you get after listening to them, like other Frenchies such as Daft Punk and Air and the rest, I thought it was kinda shocking and funny. Anyways I sang loud, and sang often, but mostly hummmed and bobbed my head cuz I didnt know all the words.

Believe me anyways, you dont want to hear me sing. Dogs cry usually.

No comments: